.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Rhettorical

The rantings, views and commentary of a right-winged criminal justice student on current events, politics, law, and even life. The goal of this blog is to allow the writer to vent on articles and experiences that make him angry and to open up discussions in a hostile atmosphere. So please sit back and relax as I convert you to the dark side.

Name:
Location: Kansas, United States

I'm a single 23 year-old Christian (non-denom) male from an undisclosed location in Kansas. I am in the process of furthering my education and hopefully starting up a career in law enforcement.

Thursday, August 05, 2004

Responsibility

I went to my place of work today on the quest to find food for my new toys. See below posting. And on my way through the store I ran into my manager and found out he is about half as gun nutty as I am. (Which rates pretty high up there.)

It is pretty cool to find out when common people like yourself and those you hold in high regard have a interest and joy in shooting. Either by hunting, wood plinking, self defense, or just range shooting it is always good when someone else is out there in one way or another promoting the golden right.

There are a few people at work. One guy I know pretty well, his wife, and his brother. And they all want to learn to shoot. At first I told them I would try to find a NRA shooter who should be more than capable of teaching them how to shoot. Sadly though my area is a little too rural and there doesn't seem to be anyone around here for that. So my next problem is biting the bullet and teaching them myself.

The problem with teaching anyone new to shooting, especially if you are new at teaching in general, is getting everything across to the point they can remember. This being the topic of firearms there is the double problem that you are legally responsible for whatever happens when you teach them, and by the code of morals ethics, anything afterwards. Under this state of responsibility I am reluctant to do so. But to keep all of our rights a right, and to keep a large enough populace out there on our side this sort of scenario has to be fulfilled. I'm not saying anyone and everyone should teach anyone they can how to shoot guns. Some people are lousy teachers and there are those out there who should never touch a gun. But if you are competent enough for such things and if the student is smart enough it should be a given that the wheels of knowledge should turn and a new heritage should be passed down.

I'm not totally sure where this ranting is going, but I'll just pass off the same ideals Kim and Kevin. They both have commented on similar scenarios and outwardly promote teaching firearms to strangers. Their sound reasoning behind this is also mentioned above. It keeps our heritage alive, and our rights from becoming a distant memory.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home