.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Rhettorical

The rantings, views and commentary of a right-winged criminal justice student on current events, politics, law, and even life. The goal of this blog is to allow the writer to vent on articles and experiences that make him angry and to open up discussions in a hostile atmosphere. So please sit back and relax as I convert you to the dark side.

Name:
Location: Kansas, United States

I'm a single 23 year-old Christian (non-denom) male from an undisclosed location in Kansas. I am in the process of furthering my education and hopefully starting up a career in law enforcement.

Wednesday, August 04, 2004

Back Stabbing co-workers....

Well the service manager at the retailer I work at tried getting me in trouble with upper management.

I was working my department when I was called to do a stockman job. Something that happens on occasion and is all well in good, except I am the only person in my department and the guy at the neighboring department is only at his half the time. (His department requirements are different.)

So I am slightly peeved about getting called away from my area of responsibility, which is one of those right by a side exit that is easy to steal from, to do a job another person should be doing. But the way they have it scheduled a stockman doesn't come in until five, leaving us two hours without a stockman. Even worse is that on any day I don't close there's two people and on days I close only myself. (Let this be a lesson to those of you who are competent.) It would be nice if they could close this gap on the days two people work instead of one. Also, such a call is one that can be seen in advance, they could have had the leaving stockman prep extra carts so this situation wouldn't happen.

So on my way in from gathering large amounts of carts in 100 degree heat and pinching my fingers, I slam the offending cart into the inside rack and blurt out "This had better not be a weekly occurrence." All of this is just one small manifestation of anger popping out in a time of pain. Well miss powertrip standing nearby hears this and sees this as an attack on her authority. Whereby miss control freak has to march me to the back offices and hustle a manager out of managerial duties to try and get me in trouble with her. We go back there and with a look of seriousness tells the manager we have a problem and need to discuss it in private in the office right away.

So when the trio of us get in there miss power trip in all seriousness tells me to tell the manager what I said. So I repeated in full with all disrespect and related mannerisms. The smart manager being who she is asked what this relates to. I then go into the story of stockman, low manpower, bad scheduling, etc., when the manager seeing this as aggravation over this explains to me that the system currently in place is screwed up and how any concerns I have must go to the main store manager and yadda yadda yadda. Now this manager knows how to take care of employees, she doesn't go onto huge powertrips or is looking at hanging someone out to dry. All the while miss ego won't even make eye contact with me over this whole thing because it wasn't working the way it was supposed to. She then tries getting me in trouble about something that happened the day before which quickly got deflected away.

So now I bet the manager will approach me tomorrow to see why I got bent out of shape over gathering carts and I'll have to explain the whole thing away. (Most likely ratting out miss asshole.) After going through this I thought about going up to her and cussing her out. It would be a firing offense and I'd either be fired or demoted but I know she'd get chewed out to since two other people quit under those circumstances. But she would probably get too much enjoyment out of me getting in trouble.

Moral of the story:

1. Don't go out gunning for people, trying to cause deliberate power plays and showing of authority for no apparent reason. It will bite you in the ass.

2. Trying to screw over a criminal justice student who will likely become a cop and will be working the town you live in is dumb on the grandest of scales. Not that I'd be in full harassment mode or anything but the Supreme Court has said that when anyone is on a public road any police officer can follow them until a fraction is committed. There is no harassment clause about this. So even if you gave me two minutes of verbal grief in the office I could in the timespan of my one year goal of getting a police job increase your insurance premiums and cause a loss of time and money via tickets. Not that I'm as much of a jerk as she is, yet. (We'll have to see what develops at work.)

Personally, when all was said and done it was all much grief over nothing. I was mad at her at first, then I felt like a million bucks, then I felt sorry for someone who is so selfish and anal she'd do this to a person. It is no wonder she has few friends and no one likes working with her.

1 Comments:

Blogger Billy Dennis said...

There is another lesson to be learned: Never blog about work, even anonymously. It will bite you in the ass every time.

12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home