.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Rhettorical

The rantings, views and commentary of a right-winged criminal justice student on current events, politics, law, and even life. The goal of this blog is to allow the writer to vent on articles and experiences that make him angry and to open up discussions in a hostile atmosphere. So please sit back and relax as I convert you to the dark side.

Name:
Location: Kansas, United States

I'm a single 23 year-old Christian (non-denom) male from an undisclosed location in Kansas. I am in the process of furthering my education and hopefully starting up a career in law enforcement.

Thursday, August 05, 2004

New Toys!

Yesterday before work I picked up two new firearms with some friends. I got a Mossberg 500 Persuader shotgun in 12 gauge. It was marked used and had the eyelit at the bottom stock for a sling broke off. But other than that the thing looked brand new and the gun seller told me his son in law had it and only shot 2 boxes through it before he upgraded.

Also decided I needed a new pistol to plink with and picked up a Hi Point 380 Compact with compensator.

I had a 20 gauge a while ago and have shot 12 gauges with little problem but I must have totally forgot how they kick. That puppy knocked me around a little bit today. Oh well, it shall be reserved mostly for annual plinking and occasionally used for anti varmint and anti home-invader duty.

The 380 may go to my younger sister's room. Atleast until I can afford to get her a truly decent on-brand gun. I already have a colt 45 and bought the HP mostly out of a craving for a new cheap plinker. Its one big flaw is the compensator shoots burnt powder upwards and shooting downwind,(as I have found out today,) will cause a bit of it to get into your eyes. Not much of a self defense gun but I bet all of my family members can shoot it and handle it well and hopefully my arthritis-possessed mother can start training for the worst case scenario. Besides, you can't knock a lifetime guarantee.

I got both for $340 after tax, not too shabby.

2 Comments:

Blogger Bruce said...

Lucky bastard. I'm in Massachusetts, trying to get a gun permit. Enjoy the new iron.

- Bruce at mAss Backwards

2:02 PM  
Blogger Rhett said...

Thanks for visiting.


The really sad thing about our current state of affairs is if I become a police officer I'll still have more rights in MA than you. And I don't even live in your state.

WIth hope and prayer maybe we'll have a conservative revolution that will right this wrong across the country.

Rhett

2:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home