.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Rhettorical

The rantings, views and commentary of a right-winged criminal justice student on current events, politics, law, and even life. The goal of this blog is to allow the writer to vent on articles and experiences that make him angry and to open up discussions in a hostile atmosphere. So please sit back and relax as I convert you to the dark side.

Name:
Location: Kansas, United States

I'm a single 23 year-old Christian (non-denom) male from an undisclosed location in Kansas. I am in the process of furthering my education and hopefully starting up a career in law enforcement.

Monday, July 26, 2004

Conflicting Reports....

As a Criminal Justice student who is likely going to go into a law enforcement profession,( I haven't fully decided yet, don't ask;) I strive to gather any and all info on related equipment.  One such piece is the body armor or bullet resistant vest police wear and something interesting has come to my attention.   The previous night I heard a physisist on the Art Bell Coast to Coast Radio program state that body armor does stop a good range of rifle bullets but the armor itself flexes too much without a ceramic plate and a good portion of the armor pokes a hole into the chest cavity.  That does make sense to me.  The stuff is very strong but flexible, therefor the stuff can and probably will damage the human body with enough velicity.   But on another hand I was watching several programs on the History Channe; over the past year on the topic and one I specifically remember is Mail Call where the host puts a small caliber rifle round through a vest.  It was the 7.62X39 round, the same stated round the physisist said won't go through a vest.    So I'm not sure if any "expert" out there really knows what they are talking about when they bring up the vest, or any other subject in general.

So remember that next time you hear someone screaming about armor piercing bulllet hoses.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home