.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Rhettorical

The rantings, views and commentary of a right-winged criminal justice student on current events, politics, law, and even life. The goal of this blog is to allow the writer to vent on articles and experiences that make him angry and to open up discussions in a hostile atmosphere. So please sit back and relax as I convert you to the dark side.

Name:
Location: Kansas, United States

I'm a single 23 year-old Christian (non-denom) male from an undisclosed location in Kansas. I am in the process of furthering my education and hopefully starting up a career in law enforcement.

Wednesday, August 11, 2004

Higher than a kite.....

Tomorrow I go in to get my four wisdom teeth pulled and four cavities fixed. With a dose of Valium tonight and a IV sedation tomorrow, it can be assumed that I'll be MIA for a while.

It is a bit odd, really. If I would have had this done a year ago like I was supposed to I would be freaking out right now. I still may later on tonight. But I've recently realised that being a cop you gotta have more confidince. I am a pile of self-doubt. Not always sure I'm making the right decision, worried that I'll screw up, or fret over one minor screw up I did all day. It really isn't healthy nor safe for someone to be that way in a law enforcement field. It causes the mind to focus on one thing that causes tunnelvision and can get you killed. I have lately been motivating myself better and have changed things on me I would think could never change. This is one of those things. Facing a fear with little or no concern.

I hope this will continue to pass on through me and that it will make me a better officer.


1 Comments:

Blogger Jeffro said...

Just came over from Kim's site, thought I would post on yours!

As you get older this sort of thing gets way less stressful - the same will occur with your law enforcement career. Familiarity breeds contempt - it will be AFTER it is all over that you will get the shakes.

10:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home