.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Rhettorical

The rantings, views and commentary of a right-winged criminal justice student on current events, politics, law, and even life. The goal of this blog is to allow the writer to vent on articles and experiences that make him angry and to open up discussions in a hostile atmosphere. So please sit back and relax as I convert you to the dark side.

Name:
Location: Kansas, United States

I'm a single 23 year-old Christian (non-denom) male from an undisclosed location in Kansas. I am in the process of furthering my education and hopefully starting up a career in law enforcement.

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Supreme Court looks at Insanity

Just look in the mirror....


Actually, I gained a new bit of knowledge reading this. I didn't know my state did not allow a insanity defense. I did not know a state could deny a insanity defense.


Really, if you plead insane it usually hurts you more than it helps. Not coonsidering death penalty cases you will likely do more time in a insane asylume than you would in prison on murder. Then after they "cure" the person they still may face prison terms. It will be interesting to see how they rule on this.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Rhett

Interesting article, i thought things like that only happened in movies. To be honest when they talk about "cruel and unusual punishment" I would think that laying on the gurney ready to die and then being told to wait a few days would certainly qualify rather than the method of execution.

Still Capital Punishment is barbaric and it'd be great if the Supreme Court would put a stop to it

Rik

1:51 PM  
Blogger Rhett said...

Hey Rik! How are things goin down there? With all the rain we are getting it is starting to look like England here.


I support the death penalty in certain cases. The Carr Brothers are one example. Raping two women, making two women sleep with two of their friends at gun point, taking all 5 friends out in a snow covered field to be executed. I'd say barbaric treatment deserves barbaric punishment. I am against executing the mentally ill but when I say mentally ill I don't mean someone who ate a bunch of twinkies, as how the courts have ruled and let some people get off with murder. Of course life in prison is also fine with me.

7:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home