.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Rhettorical

The rantings, views and commentary of a right-winged criminal justice student on current events, politics, law, and even life. The goal of this blog is to allow the writer to vent on articles and experiences that make him angry and to open up discussions in a hostile atmosphere. So please sit back and relax as I convert you to the dark side.

Name:
Location: Kansas, United States

I'm a single 23 year-old Christian (non-denom) male from an undisclosed location in Kansas. I am in the process of furthering my education and hopefully starting up a career in law enforcement.

Friday, April 14, 2006

Wal Mart Worker on Health Care

This article here actually interviews a Wally World worker about healthcare.

I don't want to be cruel. But I actually worked at Wal Mart. And I can tell you I do not see a need or reason to give an employee who works in the flower shop for 30 years of their life huge benefits. In all likelihood that someone has been with a company for that long without being bored and advancing to an elite position shows an air of incompetence. I have met some who have been in the company but outside the managerial realm but they had properly invested in company stocks because they knew that raises wouldn't be coming in fast enough and they are worth $500,000 or s0. When I got my current job I got the same pay starting out that my sister has had with 3 years in retail. I worked at that place for the ease of schedule change and the fact that I have some customer service skills I can toss on my resume. And you to be honest, I got that and more when I got done working there. I had such a glowing review from the company that I was taken on ASAP at my other two places of work. I thought about going managerial or loss prevention. But I am really not bossy or mean enough to get things done in a store. And when you realize that you can stay with a company with an annual $.50 raise, or get professionalized and get a job at $14 an hour starting out, you really have to think ahead here instead of go with the easy path in life. If I was thinking even farther ahead I would get a degree in an un-related field so if I get hurt on the job I could fall back on something. But I am so tired of school and bills and living at home that I want to start in my career path.

In short:

Retail is a lousy way to raise a family unless you plan on going admi.

Retail is good way to get college out of the way and started on a high-paying field.

Thinking otherwise without planning ahead is stupidity on your part. Unless both family members plan on working together and not seeing retail work as the bread-winner of life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home