.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Rhettorical

The rantings, views and commentary of a right-winged criminal justice student on current events, politics, law, and even life. The goal of this blog is to allow the writer to vent on articles and experiences that make him angry and to open up discussions in a hostile atmosphere. So please sit back and relax as I convert you to the dark side.

Name:
Location: Kansas, United States

I'm a single 23 year-old Christian (non-denom) male from an undisclosed location in Kansas. I am in the process of furthering my education and hopefully starting up a career in law enforcement.

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Rein Fair

I went to The 3rd Annual Great Plain Renaissance Fair. An interesting thing happened. A bunch of girls underage drinking got into a wee bit of trouble. Someone was going to the puke booth and buying alcohol and passing it off to them. Well when it is plus 90 degrees out and if all that you drink is alcohol bad things will ensue. A 15-year-old passed out very close to my group and I was returning with someone's food order when I found out so I missed the significant exchange. (truth be told that was a good thing because I have been stand-offish lately with people who do wrong in my eyes.) She turned very pale and slumped over and her two"friends" said she'd be alright, don't worry about her. By the time I arrived EMS was already there and they had her on a table. My Mom was out by the road and I went up to her and she told me to fetch one of her friends so they could locate the dad of the girl who passed out. I went up to both friends and they both didn't know what her Dad looked like. Mind you they said this without making eye-contact so I was suspicious. When I heard the "she'll be alright" part of it I was royaly enraged. No wonder why they didn't want to meet up with Daddy. If I was her dad and heard the truth I would have boxed their ears in. Surprisingly the on-scene deputy didn't arrest or cite for the consumption. He probably did this to keep the festival from getting bad publicity but I'm not going to Tuesday-morning quarterback a fellow LEO with more experience than I. But a ticket(s) would help the festival liability-wise. Someone needs to get a higher quality group of friends.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home