.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Rhettorical

The rantings, views and commentary of a right-winged criminal justice student on current events, politics, law, and even life. The goal of this blog is to allow the writer to vent on articles and experiences that make him angry and to open up discussions in a hostile atmosphere. So please sit back and relax as I convert you to the dark side.

Name:
Location: Kansas, United States

I'm a single 23 year-old Christian (non-denom) male from an undisclosed location in Kansas. I am in the process of furthering my education and hopefully starting up a career in law enforcement.

Monday, April 10, 2006

Federals Charge Sheriff for Helping his Citizenry

This just really frost my donut!


You have supplies sitting around, going to waste with out a destination of any kind and you get ticked off and try to stop a person in authority from distributing it? The soldier is lucky he didn't get his butt shot from the first moment of resistance! (Since when do U.S. soldiers surpass local authority?) He grew a brain and backed down when the cuffs came out. But then the feds sent out a team to trail and take back the trailer. Which turned out to be a bad idea with the large gathering of happy supporters of the same Sheriff.

A good while ago I posted an open letter to the Right Wing crew. Which, admittedly, could be tweaked. But it is about their anti-LEO stance. At the time I pretty much dropped off of my forum radar for a while because of 80 hour work weeks that included 21 hours of college, 18 ride along hours, and 35 hours of work. That is not including weekly commute times of 8 hours. When I came back and announced my criminal justice studies and soon-to-be LE work I faced a load of negativity and distrust. Some forums I haven't even returned to and never will. My point of the posting was that LEO's are distrusted because they work for the government but the military is a high and supreme agency that must be worshipped because they operate overseas and everyone has had or currently has a family member in the armed forces. My closing statement was that when it all boils down to it. Local law enforcement will be less likely to do the whole-sale violation of rights. And in all likelihood the person doing the violating will likely be camouflaged and taking their orders from The Pentagon. Now this isn't an "I told you so" moment. Because I will acknowledge that the logical possibilities of the same thing happening with local law enforcement exist. But with that said I want you to read over this article. It is just something more for us to digest.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home