.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Rhettorical

The rantings, views and commentary of a right-winged criminal justice student on current events, politics, law, and even life. The goal of this blog is to allow the writer to vent on articles and experiences that make him angry and to open up discussions in a hostile atmosphere. So please sit back and relax as I convert you to the dark side.

Name:
Location: Kansas, United States

I'm a single 23 year-old Christian (non-denom) male from an undisclosed location in Kansas. I am in the process of furthering my education and hopefully starting up a career in law enforcement.

Sunday, February 05, 2006

WWJD?

At church today our pastor made an interesting comment that had me thinking. He gave us a scenario about being in traffic and being cut off and getting ready to do something un-Christian like and than makes the comment: "Well, then you think of that phrase, 'What would Jesus Do?' and then you turn the other cheek and not do anything rude. " He then makes the point that WWJD is a good logo and ideology but if Christians have to constantly remind themselves then there is something wrong.

And I fully agree.

WWJD is one of the best symbolic statements of the faith. If it keeps someone from making un-Christian actions and thoughts so much the better. The biggest turn-off to Christianity is Christians not acting like Christ.

My attitude on life is like the song "Shine!" One of the best ways to show the values of Christianity is be fruitful, succesful, happy, and kind in life and people will notice. They won't notice if you have one set value for you and your church friends vs outside friends. For Christianity you don't show them it is all about rules and a set of code to live by but it is an act of faith for a more rewarding life. You don't want to segregate people by different classifications. Well. I do that a bit but only to keep alternating lifestyles from conflicting with eachother. I have Christian friends, and non-Christian friends from all society classifications Atheist and agnostic to liberal and conservatie Christian. I know drug users and pastors, those who are right with society norms and not. I wouldn't bring one of my druggie relatives to the next Lutheran party but I and my family will introduce Christians and non-Christians and for the most part they get along fine. Both groups can learn a lot from each other and grow.

And no, I'm not holier-than-thou either. I've had to step back and toss the WWJD stick into my thinking system. It is a good phrase, just if you have to utilize it a lot there are a few things you need to look at.


Shine!
Make them wonder what you got
Make them wish that they were not
On the outside looking bored

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home