.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Rhettorical

The rantings, views and commentary of a right-winged criminal justice student on current events, politics, law, and even life. The goal of this blog is to allow the writer to vent on articles and experiences that make him angry and to open up discussions in a hostile atmosphere. So please sit back and relax as I convert you to the dark side.

Name:
Location: Kansas, United States

I'm a single 23 year-old Christian (non-denom) male from an undisclosed location in Kansas. I am in the process of furthering my education and hopefully starting up a career in law enforcement.

Saturday, February 04, 2006

Idiot of the Year?

Got a call very early in the morning. Well, not early by anyone but my standards. Apparently, a friend who was at a drinking party got his vehicle stuck. And he did it in such a manner that it is surprising by even the intelligence scale I normally place him on. He saw a road closed sign and decided that it was probably a few pot holes and would take that road anyway. Well he had to drive around one of those six feet high by 12 feet wide signs that say "ROAD CLOSED DO NOT ENTER" which would clue anyone in that it is a road not to be taken. Well after going down this road a ways he drives into what I can only describe as a sandbar which is designed so vehicles sink into it. That is where his mode of transportation likely rest as I write this. I imagine that this is nifty safety idea to keep construction workers from being ran over. He proceeds to comment on how hard it is to find anyone willing to open a door to an inebriated man at early hours on a weekend. I was mad at first that I couldn't sleep in but after hearing his story I just realized that my life could be a lot worse off.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is a situation where memorized poetry can come in handy.
"I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I --
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference."
Morenuancedthanyou

3:38 PM  
Blogger Rhett said...

Glad to see you have stuck around Morenuanced. It has been a long while, and two blogs back that I actually had a viewership. :P


- Rhett

8:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home