.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Rhettorical

The rantings, views and commentary of a right-winged criminal justice student on current events, politics, law, and even life. The goal of this blog is to allow the writer to vent on articles and experiences that make him angry and to open up discussions in a hostile atmosphere. So please sit back and relax as I convert you to the dark side.

Name:
Location: Kansas, United States

I'm a single 23 year-old Christian (non-denom) male from an undisclosed location in Kansas. I am in the process of furthering my education and hopefully starting up a career in law enforcement.

Friday, February 03, 2006

EKG = Pain!

Last week I had an EKG done on me for pre-employment reasons. In docterspeak it just means that they checked my heart and ran me like a lab rat to see if I'd die when I get into a foot chase. Well the process to get the machine hooked up to you is pretty painful.

They shave your chest to get all hairs off. That's not so bad. Then they take this swab of some sort and use their fingernails to dig it into your skin. It is not alcohol in that swab. It hurt ten times worse than alcohol does on an open wound. After that they get this green brillo type pad and literal wear off layers of skin. That combined with the paint thinner they put on earlier is a new experience in pain. I didn't know how bad the damage was until I saw parts of my chest scabbed over the next day. Oh yes, they have to tape the censors on so they hurt when it goes on and off and while you're bouncing up and down. The sweating that comes with the process only adds to the fun.

Oh yeah, this being a week later it still hurts to take a shower and clean myself. The spots on my chest turn red.

In other related news of self-induced pain I played some stupid computer game way too long and my eye is bloodshot and mildly in pain. So I will be going light on the geek tv for the next day or so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home