.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Rhettorical

The rantings, views and commentary of a right-winged criminal justice student on current events, politics, law, and even life. The goal of this blog is to allow the writer to vent on articles and experiences that make him angry and to open up discussions in a hostile atmosphere. So please sit back and relax as I convert you to the dark side.

Name:
Location: Kansas, United States

I'm a single 23 year-old Christian (non-denom) male from an undisclosed location in Kansas. I am in the process of furthering my education and hopefully starting up a career in law enforcement.

Sunday, February 19, 2006

Danger Zone...

Just experienced my first serious incident. Sort of... Got a call from a Hall Director stating that I needed to get to a building stat. Lot of screaming and yelling and noise in the background that pretty much freaked me out. I got there and the Hall Person told me everything was under control, nothing more was needed, no reports, no police. Etc. Well I told them if it gets physical again police get called and people go to jail. Well I checked out location in question and finding everyone settled down and the offending party gone. No one really got physical with eachother in the first place so it was a bad assumption. Some thing was broke but no one was particularly upset about it.

These are always such a interesting thing to look back on. I really didn't know what I was going to do up until I showed up and even afterward it was vague. It is something you got to play by ear, feel, and mind and pray you make the right decision. A lot of people look at you for decisions and making the wrong one can escalate a situation and ruin things for all. I'm just glad I work with a good crew full of professionals that I can trust my life with.

And I do admit it was a bit scary. But you put your game face on and deal with it to your best ability.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home