.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Rhettorical

The rantings, views and commentary of a right-winged criminal justice student on current events, politics, law, and even life. The goal of this blog is to allow the writer to vent on articles and experiences that make him angry and to open up discussions in a hostile atmosphere. So please sit back and relax as I convert you to the dark side.

Name:
Location: Kansas, United States

I'm a single 23 year-old Christian (non-denom) male from an undisclosed location in Kansas. I am in the process of furthering my education and hopefully starting up a career in law enforcement.

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Conceal and Carry Weapons Bill

We have passed a CCW bill once again! This would be the 4th Time now.

Vote was 29 to 11 to pass. With 29 votes that is two more than needed to over-ride a veto that will likely be used by Gov. Sebelius. For my readers outside the U.S. a veto is where the person who signs the law decides it is a law that is not needed and removes from the process. In that case a 2/3 majority is needed to over-ride a veto.

Since six democrats voted for the bill I imagine and predict that they won't go against their democratic governor and over-ride the measure and therefore CC in Kansas will be dead.


But I'm not good at predictions and have been wrong before. But I don't see that happening here.

If I recall correctly, the last time it was up we failed to over-ride by one vote.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home