.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Rhettorical

The rantings, views and commentary of a right-winged criminal justice student on current events, politics, law, and even life. The goal of this blog is to allow the writer to vent on articles and experiences that make him angry and to open up discussions in a hostile atmosphere. So please sit back and relax as I convert you to the dark side.

Name:
Location: Kansas, United States

I'm a single 23 year-old Christian (non-denom) male from an undisclosed location in Kansas. I am in the process of furthering my education and hopefully starting up a career in law enforcement.

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Going Solo

Tonight was my first night working on my own as a security officer at an undisclosed location*. Before I went out we ate at a restaurant and I asked a guy there who used to be a student why security got so much respect. He said it was because of a combination of enforcement policies and how they could pretty much ruin anyone and how nice the officers generally were to everyone they interacted with and a few other factors. Which surprised me because I'm been called everything from rent-a-pig to... Well stuff I won't mention here.

Anyway tonight was very interesting. Very very nice out. Kinda haunting because there was more noise tonight than all my other training nights doubled and combined. I thought something was going to go down or bad because of how active everyone was but patrolling through all the buildings and dorms I didn't find anything out of place.

I really like the interaction. I got along great with the instructors and some students at the last place I worked at but here it is different. You are a bit factioned off from everybody but they actually see you as an authority and protection figure here. Interaction and being chatty is just as easy if not easier than the last place. Of course I have opened up more than I was when I did the other university run. So that could factor in a bit.





(*For my friends who know me, please keep the location secret. I don't want to sensor post, and I don't think I'd ever be punished for writing political rantings on the net. And I'll never compromise the privacy of my employers, victims, or suspects. But I have known people whose careers were laid to waste by just one person with an agenda or no life. It is not right but it happens.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home