.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Rhettorical

The rantings, views and commentary of a right-winged criminal justice student on current events, politics, law, and even life. The goal of this blog is to allow the writer to vent on articles and experiences that make him angry and to open up discussions in a hostile atmosphere. So please sit back and relax as I convert you to the dark side.

Name:
Location: Kansas, United States

I'm a single 23 year-old Christian (non-denom) male from an undisclosed location in Kansas. I am in the process of furthering my education and hopefully starting up a career in law enforcement.

Monday, May 29, 2006

Memorial Day

I have had a lot of relatives serve in the armed forces. My Grandpa on Mom's side was a WW2 Army Vet who worked on B-17's. I lost a Great Uncle in the Battle of the Bulge. My grandpa on Dads' side, whom I never met, served in the Army somewhere in Europe. That tradition ended pretty much after WW2. My father almost joined the Air Force during Vietnam but backed out and said he regretted it at times. I almost joined right before college but a combination of the Army recruiter not being consistent and bad-mouthing me made me decide to stay away. I regret that a little too but the job I do plan on going into will be public service for the rest of my life so I should be able to get all the adrenal rush that I need from there. I currently have a cousin on my Dads' side who is in the United States Coast Guard and is just loving it. He almost had me signed up for his branch, too. I am always thinking several times a week about the people in our armed forces serving over seas. And I also have the foreign soldiers, sailors, and airmen who are part of NATO helping us overseas in my thoughts and prayers too. The UK along with some of their polititical leaders is one of many countries that has supplied soldiers and equipment in unwaivering numbers to us at the cost of their political ambitions. And to their servicemen, their lives. So remember if you see a vet in any uniform, or know anyone overseas, please thank them for their support to this great country.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home