.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Rhettorical

The rantings, views and commentary of a right-winged criminal justice student on current events, politics, law, and even life. The goal of this blog is to allow the writer to vent on articles and experiences that make him angry and to open up discussions in a hostile atmosphere. So please sit back and relax as I convert you to the dark side.

Name:
Location: Kansas, United States

I'm a single 23 year-old Christian (non-denom) male from an undisclosed location in Kansas. I am in the process of furthering my education and hopefully starting up a career in law enforcement.

Monday, March 06, 2006

Robert Pollard

First, to clarify. I am not a racist. I have friends from all corners of the ancestry pool. This is one issue that gets my goat however.

This link here is an interview with Robert Pollards' handler and a little bit of info on his arrest. He was arrested around 20 years ago for passing on secrets we had of arab movements to Israeli agents.

The contention here is that Pollard gave secrets that did not reveal any names of Soveit agents working for the U.S. Supposedly the Government and their case against him based that Pollard exposed 11 agents to soviet counter-intelligents and risked their lives. The lying on the goverments part could be true. There are a few very screwy things that did go on. Pollards' lawyer did not file the proper paperwork to gain an appeal so he cannot appeal no matter what happens with his case. (I have never ever heard of this, this is third hand.) There actually could be a conspiracy to deny him justice and keep him behind bars.

I don't care!


I think Aldrich Ames should have been executed because his information killed agents. If your information does not kill agents it should be a mandatory life behind bars. When stuff is marked top secret and from the intelligence sources you don't go jumping up to another country, the neighbor, or even a different agency and start passing along files. I don't care how you justify it, how you clarify it, or all that other bull. Treason is treason. If other countries find out our intelligence capabilities methods start drying up on how to gain intelligence.

Pollard knew this risk. So did his handler. Look at the quote.

"Despite this, his motivation to help us, the State of Israel, was above and
beyond. I thought this motivation stemmed from the Zionism instilled in him from
the moment he was born, at the home he grew up in. I had great appreciation for
an American Jew willing to risk everything – his position in the U.S. Navy and
in American society, and even his freedom, in order to help Israel and save the
lives of Israelis."



They all knew that jail time would be the risk of doing what he did. He accepted that risk and now I think he can't go around whinning at how unfair his sentence is compared to that of others. All of these are treated on a case by case basis and even though you and Ames pretty much share a life sentence even though only one of you two resulted in death I think you both atleast deserve that much and if I headed the intel and justice services I would have gone for the death penalty for both of you.

I love Isael. I think they are God's chosen people. I think we should remain allies. But in the Liberty incident they screwed Americans over by attacking a U.S. ship flying colors. It could have been that they did that to hide war atrocities. It could have been the fact that they didn't like us using them and the arabs as a test of American and Soviet technology. But they screwed us over and when you do that, even an ally, you are gonna lose a bit of intelligents. And when you employ agents against an ally you shouldn't whine about the results. The interviewee was mad that his government made him testify against his agent. He is mad that Pollard got an almost indefinite sentence. And he thinks it is a racist conspiracy against him.

When you do illegal actions. Do not whine about the consequenses. Even when they follow the letter of the law and nail you for everything they can. Just because they cop a plea with one agent doesn't mean you'll get the same plea for doing less.

1 Comments:

Blogger Rhett said...

Very mature. I bow down to your well articulated and thought-provoking insult. That and the fact that you post anonymously really legitamises your comment.


I am not a racist. I have friends from all walks of life. So say what you will.

10:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home