.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Rhettorical

The rantings, views and commentary of a right-winged criminal justice student on current events, politics, law, and even life. The goal of this blog is to allow the writer to vent on articles and experiences that make him angry and to open up discussions in a hostile atmosphere. So please sit back and relax as I convert you to the dark side.

Name:
Location: Kansas, United States

I'm a single 23 year-old Christian (non-denom) male from an undisclosed location in Kansas. I am in the process of furthering my education and hopefully starting up a career in law enforcement.

Sunday, February 12, 2006

Asteroid Tractor

I think nuclear weapons are a cheaper, better option since I'd figure explosions would yield foot/pound movement, but this is still an interesting idea to play around with.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Rhett,
I heard the "conceal and carry" issue is coming up again and
remember you telling me what it all intitled but I forgot all the rules and stuff and was wondering if you could give me a refresher?
Hey, and about those nukes, I would save 'em for Iran!

8:55 PM  
Blogger Rhett said...

Pretty much, Conceal and Carry in Kansas will look like most other states.


1 Must get certified by local sheriff department by going through a law course, a shooting course, and pay $150 for backgrounds and other checks and registrations.

2 Won't be able to carry a weapon while drunk, on school property, in any state or federal government building, any place that serves alcohol, any place that displays placards that ban guns.

3 Firearm CCW bill will likely allow you to carry in any state that will recognise Kansas' and vice versa. Like if you have a permit here and Oklahoma recognises your permit, Kansas will also recognise Oklahoma CCW permits.

There's another bill they passed in Florida and one other state I can't recall. Depending on what political side you are on it is titled the "Make My Day" law or the "No Duty to Retreat/Defense of Castle" law. In FL you originally had to back off to any illegal threat to your body and disengage any way you can. And only shoot if there was no way to escape or immediate harm or death would follow. Now if you have a legal right to be somewhere and someone plans on doing an illegal activity against you, you can shoot them dead with no criminal or civil court liability.

This law has been delayed until probably after the election year where it will be killed. I think they will pass a CC bill here, I do not think that the limiting of liability will be passed. People will take a while to get used to CCW permits, let alone being able to shoot any criminal who does wrong. (I think it removes a lot of incentives to be a criminal.)

3:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home