.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Rhettorical

The rantings, views and commentary of a right-winged criminal justice student on current events, politics, law, and even life. The goal of this blog is to allow the writer to vent on articles and experiences that make him angry and to open up discussions in a hostile atmosphere. So please sit back and relax as I convert you to the dark side.

Name:
Location: Kansas, United States

I'm a single 23 year-old Christian (non-denom) male from an undisclosed location in Kansas. I am in the process of furthering my education and hopefully starting up a career in law enforcement.

Thursday, May 11, 2006

Supreme Court and the Kansas Death Penalty.

I see this as not going the way I want it to go. I want the people convicted of death in Kansas to die. Especially the Carr Brothers and their inhuman actions on their victims. But our Constitution and rule of law makes it simple that when in doubt over something you go with the lesser evil. With our law written up as:"When aggravating and mitigating factors for and against the death penalty are equal you must chose death." come up I see the Supreme Court ruling against that. It ticks me off to no end that none of the factors equal out in any of the death cases, or that murdering monsters would get off from the highest punishment. (They all would still face life in prison.) But to uphold the Constitutional standard the Justices will likely rule this way and not be wrong. If anything. The legislatures should have seen this coming with the language and change the law. They really screwed up.

I do not know if they ruled on it yet. I wrote this almost a week ago but haven't had internet access to post it. Usually they rule on them every wednesday but I haven't heard anything on it in the papers or the internet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home