.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Rhettorical

The rantings, views and commentary of a right-winged criminal justice student on current events, politics, law, and even life. The goal of this blog is to allow the writer to vent on articles and experiences that make him angry and to open up discussions in a hostile atmosphere. So please sit back and relax as I convert you to the dark side.

Name:
Location: Kansas, United States

I'm a single 23 year-old Christian (non-denom) male from an undisclosed location in Kansas. I am in the process of furthering my education and hopefully starting up a career in law enforcement.

Thursday, May 11, 2006

Supreme Court on Forced Crimes

This is interesting. The S.C. was asked to look at a battered wives defense and instead they are looking at it as a "forced by a criminal to do a crime under duress" defense. I want to know why the boyfriend was not prosecuted. Is he already facing life? Did they go after him for kidnapping? I agree with Scalia that the boyfriend needed shot, but not wounded. Holding kids hostage to get weapons? Talk about a dirtbag.I can see why the Justices are wary of a ruling. On one hand, more and more people would claim their drug dealer forced them to do a crime, or the drugs made them do it. Our society loves putting others to blame. But on the other hand she did what in her thoughts would keep her and her children safe. I don't think she should have got a conviction but I don'tthink a rule of law absolving everyone of responsibility should also be passed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home