.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Rhettorical

The rantings, views and commentary of a right-winged criminal justice student on current events, politics, law, and even life. The goal of this blog is to allow the writer to vent on articles and experiences that make him angry and to open up discussions in a hostile atmosphere. So please sit back and relax as I convert you to the dark side.

Name:
Location: Kansas, United States

I'm a single 23 year-old Christian (non-denom) male from an undisclosed location in Kansas. I am in the process of furthering my education and hopefully starting up a career in law enforcement.

Thursday, March 16, 2006

Drug Test Goes South.

This is a shocking story.

And I know that The Sun is almost the equivelent of Matt Drudge. Who is slightly more respectable than some of the stuff you see at news stands. But I bet it is true since stuff like this will get you sued for defamation.


By NICK PARKER,EMMA MORTON andJACQUI THORNTONA VOLUNTEER who escaped the
drug test disaster told last night how he saw six healthy young men turn into
wailing wrecks within minutes.
Human guinea pig Raste Khan — who did not
know he had been given a harmless placebo in the test — said it was like a
horror film unfolding before his eyes.
The 23-year-old TV technician
added:
The test ward turned into a living hell minutes after we were
injected. The men went down like dominoes.
First they began tearing their
shirts off complaining of fever, then some screamed out that their heads felt
like they were about to explode.
After that they started fainting, vomiting
and writhing around in their beds.
It was terrifying because I kept expecting
it to happen to me at any moment. But I felt fine and didn’t know why.
An
Asian guy next to me started screaming and his breathing went haywire as though
he was having a terrible panic attack.
They put an oxygen mask on him but he
kept tearing it off, shouting ‘Doctor, doctor, please help me!’ He started
convulsing, shouting that he was getting shooting pains in his back.
Last
night two of the victims were still fighting for life in Northwick Park
Hospital, North West London, while the other four were listed as “seriously
ill”.




What ticks me off is a bunch of people are posting and using this tragedy as a political statement against animal testing. Come on people! Not every animal is going to have the same awful reaction a human does. This just cuts the chances down. Quit turning a tragedy into a political assault. You vile waste of salt and air!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, this stuff has been all over our papers and news; not good at all. Doesn't surprise me that the anti-Animal-testing brigade have jumped on this either... We've been having a lot of trouble with them in Oxford in particular.

12:37 AM  
Blogger Rhett said...

This has really surprised me. For a nation that has to give us hourly updates on a body count in Iraq and who is infected with what flu in what country they haven't mentioned zilch about it. Not even to overhype it to shake the confidence of our pharmacy industry. When I first read the article I thought it was a joke but I saw one or two more things on it later on at UK sites.

11:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home