.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Rhettorical

The rantings, views and commentary of a right-winged criminal justice student on current events, politics, law, and even life. The goal of this blog is to allow the writer to vent on articles and experiences that make him angry and to open up discussions in a hostile atmosphere. So please sit back and relax as I convert you to the dark side.

Name:
Location: Kansas, United States

I'm a single 23 year-old Christian (non-denom) male from an undisclosed location in Kansas. I am in the process of furthering my education and hopefully starting up a career in law enforcement.

Friday, August 11, 2006

Burning Both Ends

Well everyone, I am still around but the duties that all realms of my life has brought upon me has given me 16 to 18 hour days. And the fun part of having 4 hour sleep sessions! I am still fairly happy and optomistic and no where near burn out, yet. So hopefully I will not be overwhelmed and beat someone to death with a cluebat.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rhett,

Don't let yourself get so run down you start making mistakes in the field due to exhaustion or lack of sleep. You need to take a day off every now and then to recharge. I know you don't FEEL like you need it, but that's because you're ignoring what your body's telling you.

It's not worth your or your partner's safety to go too long without significant sleep. And no, I'm not talking about combat naps.

You have more to keep in mind than many of the guys in the sandbox. Policies, procedures, laws, court decisions, officer safety, radio procedures, writing reports, etc., all need to be thought about while you're in the field. You'd never forgive yourself if your lack of attention got one of your partners really hurt.

Please give yourself an HONEST appraisal of your level of rest once in a while, and make sure to take a break once in a while too.

Mike

4:33 PM  
Blogger Rhett said...

I have been. I managed to crash about one or two days a week. Not exactly healthy but I am far from nearing exhaustion. Slightly depressed thatm my social and hobby life went to crap but what can you do? Good things come from those who persevere.

7:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home