.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Rhettorical

The rantings, views and commentary of a right-winged criminal justice student on current events, politics, law, and even life. The goal of this blog is to allow the writer to vent on articles and experiences that make him angry and to open up discussions in a hostile atmosphere. So please sit back and relax as I convert you to the dark side.

Name:
Location: Kansas, United States

I'm a single 23 year-old Christian (non-denom) male from an undisclosed location in Kansas. I am in the process of furthering my education and hopefully starting up a career in law enforcement.

Monday, March 27, 2006

Saturday = Long Hours

I put a fifteen hour shift in at work saturday. I am still recovering since my hours have been screwed up royal. My normal 8 hour shift was changed because the normal guy who does security was hospitalised. He will be okay but they asked and begged and I said yes. The problem was is this is a free dump day and the farm just needed a good cleaning. The boss told me if I wanted to I could grab the security phone and just answer calls as they come in. And since spring break was in effect it shouldn't be a problem. Well Murphy is not satisfied with that answer and I had to do the 15 minute drive back to work on multiple occassions. I think I got about 1 hour of work done on the farm. The neighbors were the saving grace. They and the rest of the family got stuff done while.


The big kicker of the day was right after I tossed my dinner in the oven a gentleman had called in an almost panic and said he must get into his room. That he lost his key while swimming on break. He needed in there now to get stuff, to put stuff up, good vs evil end of the world sort of thing. I told him if he could calmly wait with a friend, that I was on dinner, I had just started cooking it, and was fifteen minutes away at best speed. He settled down and said okay. So ten minutes to cook a pizza, 5 mouth-burning minutes to eat, and fifteen minutes later I meet up with him. I open the door and apologize and he is happy as a clam to get in. He swings the door open. Tosses his jacket in, looks around. And says he'll unpack his car when his room mate gets back and goes back into his friends dorm!

.....

.....

.....

This guy does not know it but he came extremely close to expiring in a violent and painful way. The only thing that saved him is because this is not his home country, and he was extremely polite.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home