.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Rhettorical

The rantings, views and commentary of a right-winged criminal justice student on current events, politics, law, and even life. The goal of this blog is to allow the writer to vent on articles and experiences that make him angry and to open up discussions in a hostile atmosphere. So please sit back and relax as I convert you to the dark side.

Name:
Location: Kansas, United States

I'm a single 23 year-old Christian (non-denom) male from an undisclosed location in Kansas. I am in the process of furthering my education and hopefully starting up a career in law enforcement.

Sunday, January 23, 2005

Loss of an officer.....

Greenwood County Sheriff Matt Samuals was killed in the line of duty last wednesday. This marks a very sad occassion in Law Enforcement. The problems with a loss such as this is it puts a divide in the public between law enforcement and the general populace. The police become more distrussful and cautious around John Q. Citizen and the citizen likewise feels the cop is an overbearing jerk.

I've read a little about this man and he seemed to be very much the community police officer. I am pretty sure he wouldn't want the above scenario I mentioned to be a inadvertant legacy. I know if I was killed in that manner I would hope it wouldn't change things.

So if you are in law enforcement. Be careful, but be respectful. And if you aren't, please understand that the LEO's have a tough job, and they have their bad days, too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home